It’s a touchdown for the Tommy Bohanon Foundation. The nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting young athletes reach their highest potential on and off the playing field recently surpassed the $1 million dollar mark in funds raised since its 2017 inception.
Started by former NFL fullback Tommy Bohanon and his wife Katie, the 501(c)(3) organization serves adolescents from ages 5 to 18. The foundation hosts several events and programs annually to help raise money to support the youth of Southwest Florida. Those events and programs include:
- Playmakers Tailgate Party – a one-night event designed to raise money for the foundation. This event features food, drinks, silent and live auctions, raffles and the awarding of scholarships.
- Tommy Bohanon Youth Football Camp – a one-day event that benefits young athletes in grades one through eight to expand their love and knowledge of football.
- Man UP Seminar – a one-day program that brings male leaders together to promote young men to have a brighter future.
- Tommy Bohanon Scholarship Fund – an opportunity for any high school senior athlete in Southwest Florida who has demonstrated leadership, volunteerism, and excellence in education while balancing athletics to receive financial aid for their academic future.
- Sports Equipment Grant – an opportunity for Southwest Florida athletic programs in need to receive funding or physical equipment for their athletes.
- Softball Tournament and Toy Drive – a one-day tournament and toy drive to benefit local families in need. Attendees enjoy bounce houses, holiday craft vendors, food trucks and exciting action on the softball fields.
“We’re thrilled to have reached this milestone,” said Foundation President Tommy Bohanon. “The community has given us such tremendous support over the last six years, and we can’t thank them enough for giving us the resources to help the youth in our community.”
Tickets for the 6th Annual Playmakers Tailgate Party on Friday, April 12 are now available. To purchase yours please go to TommyBohanonFoundation.org/Playmakers